Wonders Of The Subconscious Mind

The subconscious mind works in strange yet amazing ways. If we pay attention, it can guide us through life better than any top-notch therapist. I am saying this out of personal experience. There have been instances where my subconscious mind has helped me figure out what exactly my problem is. Now, I am a person who doesn't believe in hypnosis, astrology and all that mish-mash (my apologies to those who do). So why am I saying this? Well, in the past few days I have had some experiences which have strengthened my trust on my subconscious.

My second (unpublished) series of novels had a paranormal love story. I call it my worst work till date which was inspired by an overdose of romantic novels, but that's another story. Paranormal isn't really my niche, so it was very hard for me to form a plot worth three novels. But upon reading my first book as a reader and not a writer, I discovered that I had subconsciously left some hints for myself which later helped me proceed with the story. In paranormal, anything can happen, but I wanted some concept about life and death. I realized on reading between the lines that my subconscious mind had formed that concept for me when my conscious mind had been clueless.

My third (unpublished) novel was about a girl who, being estranged from her family and having lost her best friend, start depending wholly on her academic performances and dreams to become a writer (and no, this character was not based on me). The tone was so depressive and the novel so dull that I couldn't even get my own father excited about it. The only good thing was the ending, which was full of hope. At that point of time, I myself was pretty depressed due to some mental pressures and therefore, it had started reflecting on my writing.

What I am working on right now is the story of a girl who is forced to resolve her differences with the people she hates the most. With this I am trying to go back to my original writing style. Incidentally, most of my characters are very similar to people I have met in real life.

Sometimes, writing your experiences down can be very beneficial. On reading them, it can help you reflect on your life. I think everybody should maintain a diary for themselves as it can help them give vent to their frustrations and emotions. So, maybe you should buy a notebook today and start writing so that you subconscious can start helping you.

Comments

  1. Keeping a journal is a wonderful way to step back in time or to pull from experiences for writing. Highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts