Art of the Week-3


Over the past two years, I have had the good fortune to sit in a class with lots of good artists.

The first picture is a portrait of me made by my friend Sounok Sarkar. He complained that he can only make male figures, so I challenged him to make a portrait of me. It's not too bad for a guy who can't draw girls, but trust me, I don't look as androgynous as he's shown me to be.

The second one is a portrait of me by my friend Tanmoy Koley. Tanmoy is an amazing artist, with years of training under his belt. He drew this on the train, and I was a terrible model, moving and fidgeting every few seconds.

Both artists can do a lot better, something which they proved to me with a multitude of artworks I have seen from them. But the fact that they drew me at all made me feel like Mona Lisa for a few fleeting seconds.

Comments

Popular Posts