Ever Wondered What I Look Like?

When you can't see someone's face, you come up with so many ideas about how one might look. We claim to know how to determine someone else's appearance just because we know a few things about them. We also sometimes claim to know how to 'face read', that is to know what a person is like from the inside by just looking at what is on the outside. But the truth is, all this is impossible. No, seriously. Have you ever seen Shakespeare? Okay, so he was a great playwright and all and he was probably beautiful on the inside, but on the outside, he was just a bald, skinny dude. Insides and Outsides have no connection at all. What you guys (those rare few who actually read my non-tweeting, over 140 characters long posts) see is what is inside of me. You see what I think and you see what I want you to know. But there is someone on the outside too. And when I am not thinking about the glories of marathons, Board Exams, Indian obsession with white skin, the lack of good TV shows and all such stuff, I actually think of very inconsequential things. So, do you want to know what I look like?

So, this is me. Not very impressive, I know. I am not thin, or tall or very beautiful. But this is who I am. Can't help it can I?

I don't pay as much attention to my appearance as some of my friend do. I like jeans and a T-shirt and have a serious no-frills policy. But I am allowed to indulge in fashion therapy when I get sad or start feeling ugly and/or insecure about my weight. For example, I have a habit of going through the pages of an abandoned issue of 'In Style' that I had picked up from an airport (if you are really moralistic, you would probably think this can be certified as stealing). But the thing is, I can never be like one of those people who grace the pages of glossy magazines. I am no Aishwarya Rai. I can't be Angelina Jolie. Heck, I am not even Kristen Stewart from 'Twilight' (Bella is not supposed to be gorgeous, remember?). But I am me. Am I happy? Yes I am, because I would much rather be an ugly original than a breathtakingly beautiful lookalike.


This is my outside. My inner side is something you must already be familiar with. As you can see, I like to think and I like to talk and I have an opinion on pretty much everything. Right now, I have an opinion about depletion of finite resources. I mean, think of it this way- if we keep using too much resources, powerful countries are going to bombard the little ones to gobble up any amount of resource that is left, be it water, forests or oil. And the generation which will witness this will not be the next one, but this one. The end is coming sooner than we had expected.

See, I have opinions about issues big people from all over the world go all the way to Copenhagen to discuss.

I guess what I am trying to say is that one thing does not make a person. On the outside, I look absolutely normal. Nobody pays much attention to me when I am out on the streets because I look like everyone else. But this tiny detail does not say much about me, because on the inside, I am different from others. At the end of the day, we are all unique and it is a combination of our inner self and outer facade that makes us so.

Comments

Popular Posts