World's Most Beautiful Women

Who would you call the world's most beautiful woman? Answers would most probably vary. Over the years, I have seen good-looking people on TV and I've thought, "Ah, she looks pretty!" or "That's just eight pounds of make-up" or "Hmmm. Okay...." Let's face it. Girls have a tendency to think about beauty a lot and judge other girls for it. My friends, the Facebook-obsessed ones, spend a lot of time looking at pictures of other girls they know on their Facebook profiles and holding discussions about their opinions. I'm sure this shallowness will never come to an end because even I, someone who believes in deep thinking, do think about beauty a lot.

I thought about all the people I have considered beautiful in my life and came up with a list. The list is in no particular order.

Rani Mukherjee
She was and still is my favorite actress. Talent counts for something, right? What made her beautiful to me were her dancing skills. Despite being so short, she had the energy and elegance of someone lithe and tall. Has anybody ever noticed this? Perhaps not, because we are so obsessed with break-dancers. But I suggest you watch some videos of her and you will surely see her talent.



                                                                                                                      Anoushka Sharma
Some years ago, a breed of women who claimed to be actresses came to the movie business and yes, they were all amazingly beautiful. I didn't like any of them. The only girl who caught my attention was Anoushka Sharma and it wasn't because of her beautiful face, but because she was the only girl who seemed to have a spark and a humanness that came close to the actresses of before.


Selena Gomez
I think a lot of teenage girls would want to look like her. I don't think she is very good as a singer, and I think she is not as good as Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato, and her style of music doesn't really come across as deep to me, but we can all agree that she is adorable in the way she looks. When I first saw her on Wizards Of Waverly Place, I thought I had seen her somewhere before, but WOWP was practically her first acting job, so it couldn't be true. it was just that she totally matched my idea of 'cute'.




Queen Latifa
I was a feminist by the time I was twelve, greatly interested in women who did things women mostly didn't do. Rapping was one such thing. How often do we come across female rappers? Very rarely. But Queen Latifa was a special woman. She later went on to do movies. One look at her and you would say, "Oh, what an oversized aunty", and you wouldn't be wrong because she weighs over 200lbs. But the great thing was that despite being overweight, she always played women who are considered attractive by people.

Nafisa Ali
She is an old lady now (age 53), and for me, it is hard to even imagine her being young. She was a swimmer and horse rider and is now an actress. In the age of plastic surgery, it is good to see someone who just naturally looks good.







Rachel Weisz
When I first became a fan of Hollywood, she was at the peak of her career and for a while I wanted to look just like her. She wasn't my favorite actress, but yes, I thought she was the prettiest.








Beyonce Knowles
Let's face it, we, as Indians are so obsessed with fair skin that we never think of black women as conventionally beautiful. But I think this particular woman is really beautiful. Her face is perfect and she is talented (a rare thing), besides being jaw-droppingly rich- what else does it take to be beautiful?







If you look at the list above, you will see that not a single woman looks like the other, but they are all beautiful. So why is it that we carry a set image of beauty in our heads and anything which doesn't fit that image automatically becomes 'ugly' or 'ordinary'?  Get out of the 'thin, fair, tall' line of thinking today and start looking with less shallow eyes and you'll see that people of different sizes and shapes are often very beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts