The Importance Of Reaching Out

I just checked out the stats on my blog and it turns out I have readers in countries like Malaysia, Poland, USA, UK and UAE. I, an ordinary girl from a big city in India who usually goes unnoticed in the crowd, am reaching out to people who probably don't speak my language, don't know my name, don't know what my life's like. Thanks to the wonders of Internet, I am reaching out to people. For a change, I am letting people know what I feel.

Most writers say that writing is an emotional thing for them. It's something that's close to their hearts. Not me. For me, writing is something that's not close but deeply rooted to my head. I write with a purpose. Writing for me is a way of standing apart and reaching out at the same time.

Okay, I'll be honest. When I was younger,I always thought I was smarter than those girls in school who loved the attention they got on stage. I was wrong, because I see how much courage it takes to actually put yourself in front of an audience and actually perform a song or dance routine. But at the same time, I couldn't help but notice the detached appreciation writing got me. Whoever read my work didn't know or even care what I looked like or if I was popular. It was about what was inside of me, not outside. For me, it was a way of feeling empowered.

The truth is that since human being is a social animal, the best way to be one is by reaching out to other in the most positive of ways and it's our choice as to how we do that. Some people do it by entertaining others. Some great men and women have done it by influencing others' lives in the greatest of ways. Some people amongst us touch us in ways that go unnoticed.

Always remember that just because you're shy or unpopular or 'the short, ugly one' (don't believe you're the last one) doesn't mean you are destined to be shut up in a mental cell for your whole life. If nobody else, reach out to your family and keep it close to you. It is supposed to be the only thing that will stay by your side when everything else falls apart. Being silent isn't the same as being mute and that's what we should always keep in mind.

Lastly, thank you to all those who have ever taken the time to read my blog. In your way, you too are reaching out to me and connecting to other's like you.

Comments

Popular Posts