The Growing Up Series

I am suffering from the disease I dread the most- writer's block. Symptoms include lack of time for writing, nail-biting, creative frustration and nightmares about losing one's writing talents forever. But I can't just stop writing because I don't have any new ideas right now. Writing is a bit like sports- you have to keep exercising your muscles even after you've been injured or have gone into retirement. It's a part of you, a channel for your thoughts. The written word means to be what the spoken word could never be and I must keep doing it.

So, I have now decided to do a series. It's called the 'Growing Up' series. It is not a new idea for me. It's something I've wanted to write for a long time but never really got to it. 

An introduction- We grow up in different ways, but we never realize it when its happening. It's only when we look back that we see how much we've changed. In my series, I will trace the different parts of me that have grown up in the seventeen years of my existence. Hopefully, all my friends and followers will leave their comments and share their comments too.

Comments

  1. Sorry you are struggling with writer's block, but I'm glad you are finding a way to keep writing anyway. That's a true writer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts